Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fair Weather Activists

When I woke up this morning it was cold and drizzly so we decided not to bother taking the paint kit along. I thought I'd skip riding into town in the rain so I cruised down to Ashfield station, unfortunately the trains weren't running on the inner west line. It seemed like everything was conspiring against a decent turn out for the Walk against Warming

Empty bike path

Drizzly City Skyline
As I drove into town the sky continued to drip and all the bike paths were eerily empty, it looked like everyone had decided to stay home. I started composing a blog entry in my head called "Fair Weather Activists"


Coming across the bridge at Darling Harbour I started spotting a few activists hurrying through the drizzle towards Martin Place.


At Martin Place more than 50,000 people had gathered to condemn John Howard's inaction on Global Warming.

In the rain...

I was pretty impressed.

I ran into heaps of friends, I've posted their pictures here. There are lots of shots of signs and stuff too (and bicycles of course...) Enjoy.

No comments: